Who says Kickin' Chicken is Just for Chicken! Try it in Quiche
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CRUST ( You can buy frozen for everyday but this is "Company" Crust )
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
3 tbsp. ice water
FOR THE QUICHE
8 slices bacon
1 1/2 c. shredded Gruyère, divided
1 shallot, minced
6 large eggs
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
Pinch of Daisy & Duke's Kickin' Chicken
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Make the crust: In a large bowl whisk together flour and salt until combined. Using your hands, add butter, working it into the flour until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Add ice water by the tablespoon until the mixture forms into a crust. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out crust until ¼” thick. Loosely drape over a 9” pie plate and crimp edges. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Scatter cooked bacon on pie crust with 1 cup Gruyère and shallot. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, cayenne, and nutmeg and season with salt. Pour mixture over bacon and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden and eggs cooked through, 40 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.